Glasgow Family Photography
Im Seona, a specialist newborn photographer in Glasgow. I also love to shoot family photography. I am also a baby whisperer, a lolly pop giver and tea maker...and everything else that goes along with running a busy portrait studio...since 2006.
My studio is in the west end of Glasgow, in the leafy little hamlet of Maryhill Park.
I am also a head shot photographer for models - gown ups and kids - musicians, entrepreneurs, and I work with local business for their social media branding and product photography.
I am super excited to have added birth photography to my sessions this year!
The website is being updated so there maybe a few pages not live at the moment - have a look around and get in touch if I can help.
I totally get it...
As a mum of three, I totally get the fact that life is just so busy.
The thought of trying organise a family photo shoot in an already jam packed week, or feeling so overhelmed with everything to consider with your biggest new love, your beautiful but sleep stealing newborn, or your toddler...shall we go there?!
I totally get it.
I have a family and I'm photographer, but that doesn't mean I have lot of family photographs! Especially when mums are usually family photograph takers - but who takes photographs of you WITH your family?
Having your photograph taken is probably not something you relish, but you really want those timeless, professional family photographs on the walls of your home telling your family story.
What should we wear? How many toys and snacks should I bring? What if he wont sit still? Don't fret. Leave. It. All. To. Me.
The one thing you do have to do is drop me a message with your phone number and let me know when is a good time call for a quick informal and 100% completely non salesy chat.
I can even arrange for a professional make up artist to attend for your session should this make you feel more comfortable. Who doesn't love a bit of luxury pampering? I don't think I've ever met a mum that didn't!
I completely understand your desire for beautiful family photographs, yet the same time the thought of organising it all can seem a bit much. I hope you would feel confident to know that many of my families are surprised at the images I capture for them and just how much they actually enjoyed the whole experience. The icing on the cake for my families and for me, is how much they all adore their new family photographs as wall art in their homes, and I am sure you will too.
If you book a session we will be spending some time together planning and carrying out your session...either way you'll want to know a bit more about me and what type of person I am to see if we are a good match - here are some randoms facts about me.
- Having three kids, Gumball is my favourite cartoon character...haven't watched it? You have to!...Cartoon Network
- TV shows that I love at the moment are The Durrells and Stranger Things.
- People eating loudly with open mouths, I just can't. Nope.
- Notting Hill & Pretty Woman are absolutely the only Rom Coms for me.
- Best night in - the husband, kids & pets (1 unimpressed cat & 1 trouble maker Frenchie) together for movie time with a bowl of popcorn...and a Cuba Libre in hand
- Like many creatives, procrastination is my nemesis, but once I get started, I'm off.
- My daughter and I travelled to Kenya and carried out a photography project with 80 children last year.
- LOVE travelling, researching travel and planning to travel, can that be called a hobby, or an obsession?
- I volunteer my photography services to Birth, Baby & Beyond and Mary's Meals.
Some name dropping random facts...
- Sam Hughenden, what is he doing here?! My friend is good mates with Sam, no I haven't photographed him yet, but its on my list.
- My father in law has hosted dinner for Richard Branson.
- When I was six I gave Princess Diana a flag I made for her when she visited my school.
I love photography and am SO passionate about printing and displaying your images! I LOVE being a photographer and I feel so incredibly lucky to be doing something I love!
Your photographs were not made to be left on a hard drive. Neither did we create them just for that lost USB in the back of that drawer full of random household things that you never clear out. They were created to be enjoyed, to evoke emotions and to share your family story.
Seeing my work in print, and printed BIG to be enjoyed for years to come, well I love that a little bit more!
Personal work and projects
My own personal reasons for picking up my camera are very important to me as a photographer. I need to be working on something all the time! I love to capture real life, real moments and people. As well as shooting for everyone else, sometimes I get to shoot for myself, my personal work looks like this. .....and this, and..... this.